Wednesday, January 11, 2012

BMW X3 Throwdown: Old vs. New

2006 X3 (left) and  2012 X3 (right)

Some of you may know I'm a bit of a car hound. It runs in the family pretty fervently. I think that's why I splurged a bit when I got my 2006 BMW X3 some years ago. It was built to my specs (M stick shift, full body color, servotronic steering) in the summer of 2005 and received it three months later.  Now it's got 20,000 miles on it and even though I still love it and think it looks great,  I cheat on it all the time. I test drive other cars at dealerships, accept all invitations to media driving events and constantly think about getting a new one. For 2012, BMW came out with an updated X3 which I immediately tried then decided I definitely would not trade my car in for the new model. They lowered the roof line for less headroom and visibility and added some unnecessary lines and tons of black plastic and I just didn't like it. Yesterday, I happened to park right behind a brand new X3 just like mine. Side-by-side, I think the old one looks much prettier. Am I crazy? Take a look and tell me what you think. Personally, I've decided when the times comes to replace it, it'll be between the Range Rover Evoque, Volkswagen Tiguan, Audi Q5, Mercedes GLK, Mini Countryman or if the economy keeps tanking, maybe just a Jetta.

Old X3

New X3


Still like mine better


Can you REALLY drive?

1 comment:

  1. Only 20000 miles, you must not drive much. You are so pretty, you should put more than your hand in the pictures. I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary