Monday, January 2, 2012

Schwinning!

I bought the basket at Fritz's - next: fenders, streamers and a rear-view mirror!

Today is probably going to be the best bike riding day of the year - in Florida anyways. No commuters, no drunk drivers, just a bunch of people staying home, taking the day off - perfect conditions for biking. And now, thankfully I have a new bike to do it on. (I've been bikeless for over a year - when my expensive mountain bike was stolen and thrown into a shipping container bound for Central America with hundreds of others at the Port of Miami (well that's what the guy at Fritz's Skate Shop thinks anyways).

Replacing it wasn't as easy as I thought. I didn't want to spend too much if it was just going to get stolen again, and I wanted to try a hybrid. You know, half road bike, half mountain bike - a perfect pix for a Goldilocks like me. The problem was I couldn't find a bike that looked chic, had fenders and shocks for less than $600. So I gave up - until I found not a Trek, or a Jamis, but a good, old fashioned Schwinn for $279! And I love it! It's so comfortable and cute. But I have two.

Instead of buying it, I put it on my Christmas list and low and behold my Mom and my Dad both bought a bike for me! Now I have two. And bikesdirect.com is unreachable (I thought I would return one and get a mens version for my husband). So if anyone would like to buy the second one from me email me at hadleyhenriette@gmail.com!

color: white (with pink and white houndstooth embroidery accents)
size: Medium (for 5'6" -5'10")
gears: 3



Eat your heart out Pee-Wee!

1 comment:

  1. Nice wheels. Think of the stolen one has a donation to third world countries

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary