Friday, November 18, 2011

My Next Car - The New Range Rover Evoque

I finally got to drive the brand new Range Rover Evoque. And I have to say it was very, very worth the wait.  My husband and I have been following this model since it debuted in 2008 as a concept dubbed the LRX. In fact, Mr. Henriette was so enraptured, he told me that if they ever made it, he'd buy one. Now they finally have.

I wasn't so sure about the silhouette, but I was eager check it out. I had a chance to do just that at the Kampong in Coconut Grove for an exciting off-road driving event for an exclusive bunch of auto-centric journalists such as myself... and I fell in love. Lighter, and shorter than it's larger cousins, it drove like my beloved BMW X3, only better. It turned on a dime, off-roaded like a champ, and is luxe in all the right places (namely, the interior). They have a wide assortment of beautiful leathers, and fun exterior colors that were specifically designed to attract the fairer sex to Range Rover and it worked like a charm!

When I got home, the conversation went something like this:
Me: "Honey, I love it! The four door is really awesome."
Him: "No, I'm getting the two door."
Me: "But the two door is impractical, and it looks funny, the roof slopes more than the four door."
Him: "I like the two door."
Me: "Strangely, they told me the four door is actually cheaper."
Him: "Really? Well then, I guess you can get your own."

all you need to know:
 $43,995
240 hp turbocharged
28/18 MPG
very torquey
inventory sold out till March 2012

Two Door

Four Door


Interior



http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/

2 comments:

  1. Great choice with the Evoque! The interiors are so flossy. I like the four-door too. But yeah, both versions rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That conversation is quite funny! Price, really, is one of the factors that affect the consumer’s behavior and buying effort. It’s good that you and your husband chose to be practical. Your choice is great and everything could really be worth it! Congratulations, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary