Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's Called "American Apparel" for a reason


 Lately I've been feeling a little patriotic, or maybe it's just the state of the economy that is making me wish just about anything was still made in the USA. Well, there is one brand that still makes their stuff here, albeit it's often in the form of lamé hotpants: American Apparel. I've always loved their marketing and 80's ethos but I didn't realize they are also the biggest clothing manufacturer in the Western Hemisphere and a pretty cool company to work for. I recently went to their site and took their virtual factory tour and fell in love with the company all over again.. and it's pervy owner, Dov Charney. Click here to see it!



PS. Even if "Legalize Gay" tee-shirts and see-through mesh bodysuits aren't for you, they have a lot of great, well-cut basics like turtle necks, v-necks and sweats.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary