Thursday, January 26, 2012

Where the Stone Crabs are.. on Fridays


There are only about 3 1/2 months left in stone crab season and I really haven't quite had my fill yet this year. So when I heard that Kitchen 305 at the Newport Beachside Hotel had a $55 all-you-can-eat stone crab dealy-o on Fridays, I was game to go try it. After all you'll pay at least twice that at Joe's and odds are it won't be so much the crab as the sides that you fill up on. So Yan and I headed up there and ate our fill of the delicious (and renewable) crustacean. They were really big and really tasty, albeit a bit more work than the one's from Joe's.  One plate was enough, but they'll keep them coming until you say "Uncle!" The other menu options are decent, and the rolls are warm and tempting, but it's really the crabs that are worth the trek.

1 comment:

  1. It would be a long time before I would say uncle. This is one place that I certainly want to try!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary