Thursday, January 5, 2012

How I Managed No-Chip Nails

Guys, unless you're really into male polish, or just wonder why your girlfriend is always worried about messing up her nails, you can just skip this entry. It's about nail polish, something I more or less stopped wearing a while ago because it's just too much maintenance and is possibly a little toxic. Plus, there's nothing worse than chipped nails, especially if you're wearing dark polish. And mine always chip. It doesn't matter if I go to a luxury salon, a little Korean nail place, or do it myself, my polish never usually last more than two (max three) days before the inevitable first chip.

But today I realized something quite astonishing. The navy polish I hastily dug up and put on on New Year's Eve still doesn't have one single chip. It's been five days and I am shocked. So I decided to go back and look at these miraculous products I had used, which are by no means new. First up: Ulta Professional Base Coat which was a gift when they opened the superstore on Lincoln Road. Next up, two coats of Yoga-ta Get This Blue! by OPI followed by OPI Top Coat. Et voila! The magic combo. Who'd a thunk it?


2 comments:

  1. But what would my wife say if I had blue
    nails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow up:
    Day 8: 3 nails are badly chipped - it's finally coming off

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary