Monday, December 26, 2011

The Fox (by artist Shawn Smith) is Out of the Bag

Ok, so I can finally spill the beans. My mom (and I) totally became obsessed with San Francisco-based artist Shawn Smith after seeing "Skulk", his Balsa Wood Fox sculpture at Cain Schulte's booth at Aqua Art Fair during Basel. Of course, this being one of the centerpieces of the fair, it was sold at the opening (vernisage in Baselspeak.) But after listening to my mom carrying on about the fox for a couple of days, my crafty second daddy (read: Stepfather) decided to commission one as a very awesome Christmas gift. Of course, it isn't ready yet - but a thrice wrapped photo of the sculpture produced the desired response and we're all excited for it's arrival. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary