Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year, New Colors


I am an avid painter and repainter. After having an orange family room for years,  I repainted it white about a year ago. (When my husband was out of town on business ;)) But it was never the right white. It was too blue, not creamy enough. So I went out to find the perfect white, and in the process got to thinking that it was a lot of work just to change the hue of white so I settled on a blue-green color. The color of the ocean on Miami Beach, or the color of glass when you look at it form the side. The problem was, I couldn't get the right hue - one was too dark, the other too light. So I mixed my own and made a swatch, which I had color matched by the nice fellow at Ace Hardware. If you go this route, make sure to save at least a half gallon of paint (keep the lid well-sealed), and make yourself a swatch on a piece of cardboard as I did here. This is between Raindrop and Reflecting Pool by Benjamin Moore. Don't ask what I was doing with the red swatch. It was a momentary lapse of reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary