Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve by the Christmas Tree?

Still going strong!

Ok, so I'm not staying home by the Christmas Tree celebrating New Year's Eve (I'll be at a party at a Casa Novella if you must know) but I think the tree is an essential component to the finish of the holiday season. Unlike one Miami blogger (I'm calling you out Electric Blogarella!), I feel that trees should definitely not be taken down the day after Christmas. I think January 1st or 2nd is perfectly acceptable but not before. Consideration of this matter touched me when I saw my neighbor's perfectly green and healthy tree curbside on December 26th. They hadn't even bothered to take off the lights! Which, from the window, seemed to be working perfectly fine to me. I guess that way they are sure to have to buy new ones next year, but I digress. Imagine if the city took down all their beautiful lights the day after Christmas. It would be too sad! No, I will hold firm and keep my tree as long as their are more needles on it than the floor. And judging by how robust and supple this tree seems to be staying, that could be mid-February, in which case, I'll take off these ornaments and put up some hearts. Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary