Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Would for Perry Farrell! Jane's Addiction in Miami on Friday!!!


Me 'n Mr. Farrell

Jane's Addiction is one of my favorite bands - and they are back together for the Theatre of the Escapists Tour, which has been getting rave reviews. They'll be playing at the Jackie Gleason Fillmore on Miami Beach this Friday and it's not sold out - yet.  I've had the pleasure of meeting Perry Farrell a few times and even enjoyed an impromptu performance on the bar of the Mondrian with him and his wife and former backup dancer, Etty Lau. While that was a lot of fun -- seeing him perform with Jane's Addiction promises to be quite a treat - especially as the promoters have told me there is a strong chance they'll play "I Would For You" and" Classic Girl," two of their most beautiful songs. Interestingly enough, the week I interviewed Perry I had been listening to "I Would For You" constantly, being moved to tears more than once and I couldn't help letting him know it. Do you think just maybe he was paying attention? Maybe. I was certainly paying enough attention to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary