Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm a Pilates Hottie Now!

My Glam Teacher at Pilates on The Beach

It took me a while to finally get to a group Pilates machine class. I've been doing Pilates mat work since it got popular in the early aughts, but I knew it was sort of the poor man's version of the real thing. So I tried a private class (or two) on a complicated "Cadillac" reformer, but who can afford to do that all the time?  So I continued group mat classes at David Barton and used my beloved Jennifer Kries Method Precision toning DVD. But after a few years it started to feel like I was just doing endless sit-ups.

For the new year, I promised myself I would get this butt over to a real Pilates studio where I could do group classes- on machines.  So I found Pilates on the Beach on 51st Street, and just started going once a week. Now twice a week and the results are amazing. Before it would have taken three days of juice fasting to get such a flat stomach but now, after only four classes, I'm flat as a board. I've heard for years that's what models and actresses do for their tight little bodies, but now I know it's true!

Pilates on Miami Beach:

Pilates on the Beach
712 W 51st St.

Jet Set Pilates
110 Washington Ave. 

Sobe Pilates
950 Arthur Godfrey Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary