Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Secret Juice Bar Hidden in a Texaco









Yes, you read the headline right. In a total moment of serendipity (and I don't me the new ice cream place on Lincoln Road), I found a juice bar in the most unexpected place the very day before I started a juice cleanse.  It had to be fate, the gods giving this particular fast their seal of approval. Anyways, I was heading south on Alton Road, stuck in traffic when I noticed I was almost out of gas. Fortunatly there were two gas stations to my right. I picked the first, the slightly cheaper Texaco. You know, the one with the car wash. So as I'm pumping my gas I realize there is a carrot juice-slinging bunny taped to the pump advertising wheat grass shots, smoothies and fresh squeezed juice....inside.

As it turns out the owner of the Gourmet Carrot, which used to be downtown, and then on West Avenue, has opened up a little juice bar in the back of the gas station's convenience store. How very... convenient. This little perk definitely makes the case for making this gas station your gas station. Stopping for a delicious, healthy sandwich or fresh apple ginger juice kind of takes the sting out the annoying (and increasingly expensive) task of filling 'er up!

www.carrot-express.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary