Thursday, June 14, 2012

4 Days of Just Juice - the recipes

My fridge during a cleanse


When I juice cleanse, I pull out my big Breville juicer and make all of my own juice and put them in assorted glass jars that I have on hand. I usually press enough for two days so I don't have to clean the juicer every day. (Lazy, I know.) I label them so I remember exactly what's in each one, I have to avoid cucumbers but they are valuable during a cleanse so I make them for Yannick. Here are some yummy new combinations that I came up with this time around.

Beet - Grapefruit

Honeydew-Ginger - Lemon- Parsley- Kale

Carrot-Ginger-Lemon

V8- Tomato, Celery, Cilantro, Basil, Parsley, Carrot, Lemon, Cucumber

Master Cleanse Water - Lemon, Cayenne, Honey

Juice Beet Greens by themselves and take with water for shot before a tastier juice, same with kale


Remember, the more sweet juices you have, the more blood sugar fluctuations the hungrier you'll be. If you want to stave off hunger while you're doing this, strain the juice (digestion shuts down when there is no food or fiber and you are less hungry), and stick with vegetable juices of the low sugar variety (that means limit carrot and beet and fruit juices!)

"Lunchbox" for Yannick complements of Blue Print Cleanse - use an ice pack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary