Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Little Life Food


I finally made it this week to Life Food Gourmet on Miracle Mile. I've been trying to make it there for two years, but I never knew exactly where it was (it's in the building right across from Beber Silverstein, facing the Mile). When I got there I found a cute, clean little place to have healthy, mostly organic, raw food or just grab a quick smoothie, fresh juice or lemonade.

The truth is, raw food isn't good just any old time. You can't really go straight from having Lucky Charms or Denny's for breakfast to this - it will be a shock to your unhealthy system! It's really best when you're coming off a cleanse, trying to loose weight, or better yet - in the midst of eating a raw diet. I was in neither of these categories, but I did enjoy my lunch, served with a serious ginger lemonade out of a old-timey fountain. I had the "Italian Plate" with a delicious warm zucchini pasta in a creamy nut sauce and a cannelloni made with a flax wrap. I ditched the wrap and just ate the sauteed mushrooms in the middle (wait, that's not raw!) and the rest was great. I will be back - especially when I'm going raw or veg for the week (it's been known to happen.)




Lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - no registration necessary